World Cultural Geography Second Semester Exam-Apollo Team
Multiple Choice: Identify the choice that best completes the statement or best answers the question.
1. Deforestation in China has resulted in
2. Although North Korea is rich in mineral resources, it
3. Mongolia is a predominantly _________________ country.
4. Japanese people are the sole practitioners of which religion?
5. The population of East Asia is concentrated in
6. The service sector has recruited English speaking people from which country?
7. Which is true regarding Russia’s fishing industry?
8. The Kamchatka Peninsula has _________________________
9. An area of rich soil whose farms feed most Russians is known as_______________.
10. The Amur River forms a natural border between parts of ____________________.
11. Moscow is connected to the Caspian Sea by the ______________ River.
12. Which part of Europe has the most advanced communications and transportation systems?
13. The Himalaya Mountains separate India from the rest of ____________.
14. Due to the presence of swift-moving rivers, Nepal has strong potential for _____________.
15. The Ganges River Plain is the most heavily ______________ region on Earth.
16. All Hindus are expected to visit the _________________ River for religious purposes.
17. In the Hindu religion, it is believed that after a person dies, the spirit_________________
18. The largest religious group in India is ____________________.
19. Tourists come to India to see the ___________________.
20. The Hindu belief that people build-up good or bad that follows to the next life is called____
21. East Asia’s rivers are swift moving, making them capable of producing_____________
22. A tsunami is the result of which phenomena?
23. A ____________ is a powerful storm in the Western Pacific Ocean.
24. Africa’s Great Rift Valley is being formed by ______________________
25. The Great Rift Valley has _____________________
26. Africa’s longest mountain range is the _________________________
27. Earth’s largest inland body of water is the _______________________
28. The longest river in the world is the ________________________
29. In Sri Lanka, large plantations grow _________________ for export.
30. A problem caused by growing cash crops on large plantations is that there is precious little land left to _____________________.
31. Most South Asians work as ___________________
32. South Asia’s environmental problems are caused by __________________
33. China’s interior deserts are _______________________
34. Mount Fuji is located on which of the four main islands of Japan?
35. Most of the mountainous islands of East Asia were formed by_____________
36. Japan’s largest island is ____________________________
37. One-third of the world’s shipping traffic is located on the ____________________
38. A Japanese art form which incorporates paper folded into various shapes is ______
39. The _________________ is the world’s oldest and longest man-made waterway.
40. China’s ___________________ is its major waterway.
41. The forced separation of the races in South Africa was called__________________________.
42. Lagos is the largest city in Africa, South of the ______________________________________.
43. The most densely populated country South of the Sahara Desert is_________________________.
44. Victoria is Africa’s ____________________________.
45. The band of dry land on the Southern edge of the Sahara Desert is known as the________________.
46. Poaching is the term that identifies__________________________________.
47. East of Africa is a large island that is considered to be a part of the continent of Africa, known as________________________.
48. The movement of people from rural areas to cities is known as______________________________.
49. The practice of passing stories from generation to generation is known as_____________________.
50. Tanzania, Kenya, and Rwanda encourage ________________ due to concern for the environment.